PMP® Exam Prep with Practical Hands-On Training
PMP® Exam Prep with Practical Hands-On Training is a new concept in PMP® Trainings where a software tool like Primavera is used to practice PMBOK® concepts.
“The Project Management Professional (PMP®) is the most important industry-recognized certification for project managers. You can find PMPs leading projects in nearly every country and, unlike other certifications that focus on a particular geography or domain, the PMP® is truly global. As a PMP®, you can work in virtually any industry, with any methodology and in any location.
The PMP® also increases your earning potential. PMP® certification holders earn 17 percent more than their non-certified peers according to the Project Management Salary Survey—Eighth Edition”.
For many people PMP® is quite a dream but they hesitate for various reasons such as:
- Afraid of abstract nature of PMBOK®
- Unable to concentrate for long hours
- Don’t have the right background
- Afraid of mind-boggling terminology
- Boring classes
- Don’t have academic degree in Project Management
- Even experienced Project Managers have gaps in their knowledge (as compared with PMBOK®)
Our innovation in PMP® trainings is “PMP® Exam Prep with Practical Hands-On Training” which overcomes many the above situations to quite an extent. As many will agree, regular PMP® workshops are abstract at the best, even though some instructors (including myself) try to make it more colorful and interesting by including examples and exercises and by engaging the class in meaningful discussions. PMP® Exam Prep with Practical Hands-On Training is a new concept where we add some software tool (like Primavera or MS Project) for hands-on practical exercises. This way the PMP® concepts can be readily absorbed. Some salient features of this training are as under:
- Complete review of PMBOK®, with focusing not only on memorization but also understanding of Processes and their ITTOs
- Covering important sections of various Study Guides
- Coverage of knowledge gaps, which are not explained well in PMBOK®/Rita
- Full of examples, exercises and real-world scenarios
- Hands-On Practice via Primavera
- Practicing Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, HR, Communications and Risk Knowledge Areas on Primavera P6. Creating WBS, Defining Activities, Sequencing Activities, Estimating Activity Resources and Durations and Developing Schedule. Estimating Costs and Determining Budget. Idenifying Risks, Performing Risk Analysis and Planning Risk Responses. Setting Baselines (Scope, Schedule and Cost) and Monitoring Project Progress. Formatting and Creating Reports for distribution among Stakeholders to fulfill their Communication Needs.
- Sample Q&A with focus on WHY the correct choice is right and WHY the incorrect choice is wrong, hence developing the expertise to solve complex problems in the actual exam.
- A practical Case Study in the end, to demonstrate the use of all 47 processes
- Follow up Mock Exam
- Guidance in filling up PMP® Application Form.
- Interactive sessions which turns the dull, boring training into lively and dynamic activity
- Not just an academic course, but complete workshop which practically involves all the participants.
- Keeping everybody awake and full of energy even after 10 hours of long day, for 6 days
- Preparing the candidates to take the actual exam IMMEDIATELY after completing the 40 Contact Hours, though comprehensive self-study after the training is advised.
As many will agree, this is much beyond the standard curriculum for PMP®. To remove the abstract nature, I have added hands-on practical exercises using Primavera and form templates. Although any software such as Primavera or MS Project is not in the testing domain but by practicing PMP® concepts on Primavera, people can easily absorb and understand PMBOK® language. I have given this enhanced training a name “PMP® Exam Prep with Practical Hands-On Training”. But many people may want to have just the standard official syllabus only. Hence I have come out with two versions of PMP® Training: Practical and Regular. The brochure for Practical PMP® is given as below: